This delicious fresh summer dish features harissa pork chops served over mixed veg spiced Couscous, pomegranate with picked coriander.
It’s a perfect meal for those who love eating out on the patio or for the perfect summer BBQ with friends!
The pork chops are seasoned with a blend of spices, including harissa, curry powder, and cajun spice. The couscous is added to a mix of vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, and peppers.
The dish is served with pomegranate and is garnished with picked coriander.
This recipe is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
For the pork chops
- Four pork chops
- Two tablespoons of harissa paste
- Salt and pepper
For the couscous
- 2 cups of couscous
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 /2 teaspoon of cajun spice
- 1 /2 teaspoon of curry powder
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two pomegranates (seeds), including juice
- Few sprigs of picked coriander
- First off, gather a large bowl and add couscous. Add spices and boiling water, and cover with cling wrap for a few minutes. This will allow the couscous to cook.
- Warm a large frying pan to medium to high heat.
- Place the pork chops on a large plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Massage the harissa paste on both sides of the meat, drizzle a little oil on the pan and cook the pork for a good few minutes on each side (make sure the pork is cooked throughout and is piping hot).
- The couscous will be ready to mix in the olive oil with a fork, which will help fluff up the season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pork chops on the centre of the plate, sprinkle the pomegranate over the top and the coriander and drizzle olive oil over the top and enjoy.
International Chef – Paul Watters resides in Belfast, Northern Ireland, involved in the Cheffing industry for nearly 30 years now.